Self Evaluation Summary
We regularly evaluate our practice as a school, and produce a summary at the end of the year.
Our current strengths as a school are:
1. TEACHING AND CURRICULUM - teaching is good in all classes and our curriculum continues to develop as an exciting but thorough learning programme.
2. INCLUSION AND SOCIAL JUSTICE - we are an inclusive school, who care about ourselves, each other, our community and our world and use peer mediation and restorative approaches to solve our differences.
3. TEAMWORK - our staff team, meaning everyone on our payroll, from office and premises staff through to teachers and senior leaders and all our TAs, are a very strong team supporting each other.
4. IMPROVEMENT - we have shown over the last 4 years that we know what and how to improve. This stands us in good stead to continually improve our practice in the best interests of our very special Ashdown children.
Our current areas for development are outlined in our School Development Plan Targets. But in summary they are:
1. Autonomy and Independence (for children and staff).
2. Even higher academic standards for children.
3. Links within the curriculum and beyond the curriculum.
4. Consistency of excellence.