At Ashdown Primary School we believe the teaching and learning of science is key to understanding the world around us and to help prepare our children for the future.
We have selected one science Ambassador from each year group (Year 1-6) to work closely with science leaders to encourage and share the love of science across the school. Their role will include a number of duties:
- to clearly explain what they have been learning in science each term using scientific vocabulary. This will be shared in termly meetings through use of their science books.
- to help with the organisation of science resources
- to assist teachers in setting up their classroom for science lessons
- to assist visitors around the school and discuss science at Ashdown Primary
- to feedback the thoughts and opinions of their class to science leaders/teachers
-to try out new science equipment
Here are our new infant Science Ambassadors
Infant science ambassadors have been busy this term talking about the science they have been learning . They also got chance to check out the new blackout tent which Y2 have been using to learn about light.
We are now the proud owners of the PSQM Quality Mark Silver Award
This is a national award that celebrates science teaching within schools. The award is held for three years and demonstrates that Science is being given its rightful place as a core subject in the school curriculum as well as ensuring CPD for staff and an exciting and engaging Science curriculum. This award allows schools to identify areas for development within Science teaching.
Well Done to all staff and children who worked together to achieve this award,
What we've been up to in 2017-18!
Check the Galleries to get a flavour of some of the things we got up in Science in 2017-18. We're hoping to to have just as much fun in 2019 !!
Science Week 2018
Look at some of the things we got up to in science week 2018
Try some of them at home!