At Ashdown Primary School we believe the teaching and learning of science is key to understanding the world around us and to help prepare our children for the future.
Each year group has two science ambassadors They are issued with an official lab coat, which they wear with pride!
Their duties include:
- to clearly explain what they have been learning in science each term using scientific vocabulary. This will be shared in termly meetings through use of their science books.
- to help with the organisation of science resources
- to assist teachers in setting up their classroom for science lessons
- to assist visitors around the school and discuss science at Ashdown Primary
- to feedback the thoughts and opinions of their class to science leaders/teachers
-to try out new science equipment
At the Infant site, the science ambassadors take part in fun and practical science activities with Mrs Harris each term, and are responsible for their classes' science bag. This is an equipment kit that class members take turns to take home each week, to carry out and record their amazing experiments.
Welcome to our Infant Science Ambassadors
Welcome to our Junior Science Ambassadors