Welcome to 6 Silveroak's very own webpage. Check back regularly for updates about the fun we have been getting up to.
Mrs Stephen Mrs Munro Mrs Thomas
Class teacher Teaching assistant Interventions
Mrs Jarman Ms Vanderstappen Mrs Pullinger
HLTA French teacher Music teacher
6 + news
This is a rolling programme of 2 weekly timetables using house groupings.
PLEASE NOTE that the first Monday of week 1 is an INSET so you need to start your timetable from Week 1 TUESDAY. The children should take responsibility for bringing the exercise books that they will need for that day, their own resources and stationery - named pencil cases are now allowed and are encouraged.
- Journal – out on desk and open on correct page each day
- Refillable water bottle filled with fresh water each day
- Exercise books for the day
- 3 Pens (1x black, 1x blue, 1x red), pencil, sharpener and eraser
- Glue stick
- Scientific calculator (Scientific calculator Casio fx-83GTX)
- Maths set, including a protractor and compass
- White board pen
- Reading book
- PE Kit on appropriate day (even if injured)
- Travel sized hand sanitiser
- Packet of tissues
Children who walk home are now permitted to bring a mobile phone into school and leave in the office during school hours.
Please contact me using the following email address if you have any questions or queries - firstname.lastname@example.org
This term, the children will be taught by Mrs Jarman (PE) and Ms Vanderstappen (French) on Thursday afternoons while Mrs Stephen is out of class on PPA (Planning, preparation and assessment time).
This term's learning:
Although we will be spending time ensuring that the children are fully prepared for their SAT's assessments this term (from 9/5/23), there is still a lot going on in the curriculum. Our topic is "Home and Away" and the children will be expanding and applying their understanding of locational and place knowledge relating to and drawing comparisons between Brazil and Italy before comparing them to our immediate locality.
The end of year production is the cause of much excitement and preparations for the musical "Oliver" will begin with main role auditions taking place in the week after SATs.
Details of all other learning can be found within the termly curriculum letter below.
PE this term
Our PE this term will be taught on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. The children will need full PE kit including plimsolls. If you are unsure of the correct kit, please see the uniform policy which can be found on this website.
Please see below for a curriculum map of our learning for this term.
SATs Breakfast photo gallery
SATs breakfast 2023
Uckfield Trip photo gallery
Uckfield Trip 2023
Here are some useful links for SATs practice at home.
- Term 5 Curriculum Letter for both classes
- Term 4 Curric Letter for both classes
- Term 3 Curric Letter for both classes
- Term 2 Curric Letter for both classes
- Term 1 Curric Letter for both classes with assembly information
- Term 1 Curriculum Map
- Term 2 Curricum Map
- Term 3 Curricum Map
- Term 4 Curricum Map
- Term 5 Curriculum Map doc