The 6 Birch Team
Mrs Birchard Mrs Thomas Mrs Jarman Mrs Vanderstappen
Please contact me using the following email address if you have any questions or queries:
6 + news
This is a rolling programme of 2 weekly timetables using house groupings.
PLEASE NOTE that the first Monday of week 1 is an INSET so you need to start your timetable from Week 1 TUESDAY. The children should take responsibility for bringing the exercise books that they will need for that day, their own resources and stationery - named pencil cases are now allowed and are encouraged.
- Journal – out on desk and open on correct page each day
- Refillable water bottle filled with fresh water each day
- Exercise books for the day
- 3 Pens (1x black, 1x blue, 1x red), pencil, sharpener and eraser
- Glue stick
- Scientific calculator (Scientific calculator Casio fx-83GTX)
- Maths set, including a protractor and compass
- White board pen
- Reading book
- PE Kit on appropriate day (even if injured)
- Travel sized hand sanitiser
- Packet of tissues
Children who walk home are now permitted to bring a mobile phone into school and leave in the office during school hours.
Trip to Uckfield
Uckfield Trip 2023
SATs breakfast 2023
SATs breakfast - bacon baps!
Current Learning: Term 5
This terms topic is "Home and Away"
PPA (Planning, Preparation and Assessement) this term will be on Thursday.
Mrs Vanderstappen will be teaching French and Mrs Jarman will be teaching P.E. during this time. PE sessions will be on Wednesday and Thursday.
Even though we have SAT's this term (from 9/5/23), there is still lots going on in the curriculum. The end of year production is also a hot topic with the children, who will be preparing the musical "Oliver". Auditions will be happening the week after SATs for those children who wish to try out for a main role, but there will be opportunities for everyone to take part either as back stage crew, front of house or on stage.
As our topic is "Home and Away", the children will be expanding and applying their understanding of locational and place knowledge relating to and drawing comparisons between Brazil and Italy before comparing them to our immediate locality. Check out the following websites, if you would like to do some research of your own:
Drusillas Adaptations Trip
Black History: play in a day
Hands on History
- Term 1 Curriculum Map
- Term 2 Curricum Map
- Term 3 Curricum Map
- Term 4 Curricum Map
- Term 5 Curriculum Map doc
- Term 5 Curriculum Letter for both classes
- Term 4 Curric Letter for both classes
- Term 3 Curric Letter for both classes
- Term 2 Curric Letter for both classes
- Term 1 Curric Letter for both classes with assembly information
- Times Tables Challenge Day is every Thursday - Times Tables Rockstars is a brilliant resource for practising.
- I also recommend using Read Theory - logins have been given out. This is a wonderful resource for reading AND for practising reading comprehension.
- The children have also been supplied with their logins for My Maths (where some home learning can be accessed) and Purple Mash.